Sunday - January 14, 2007

Title: Mail order sources for Salvia
Answered by: Sage Kawecki

QUESTION:

Do you know of any mail order sources for Salvia?

ANSWER:

Mail order nurseries offering a good selection of salvias include:

Canyon Creek Nursery, 3527 Dry Creek Road, Oroville, CA 95965. Catalog $2.00. A highly regarded western mail order nursery. The 1997 catalogue lists 28 salvias for sale.

Joy Creek Nursery, 203000 N.W. Watson Road, Scappose, OR 97056. Catalog $2.00. Nice folks at a great location northwest of Portland. Their 1996 catalog offered 26 salvias.

Logee's Greenhouses, 141 North Street, Danielson, CT 06239 Catalog $3.00. A long time source of unusual plants which listed 19 salvias in their 1997 catalogue

Plant Delights Nursery, 9241 Sauls Road, Raleigh, N.C. 27603. Catalog $2.00. Email to [email protected] The 1996 catalogue lists 21 salvias for sale.

Pleasant View Nursery, Two Mile Oak, Nr. Denbur, Newton Abbot, Devon, England TQ12 6DG salvia seed and two 52 page illustrated booklets by Christine Yeo are available. 'Salvias' covers 100 salvia varieties while the just published 'Salvias II' covers 90 additional salvia varieties.

Sandy Mush Herb Nursery, 316 Surrett Cove Road, Leicester, North Carolina 28748. A well known herb nursery offering a wide selection of plants including 75 salvias in their informative1997 catalog ($6.00).

Yucca Do Nursery, P.O. Box 450, Waller, Texas 77484. Catalog $3.00. Email to [email protected] These folks take trips to Mexico every year and are the source of many salvias that have recently entered horticulture. Their current catalog offers over 40 salvias and is very popular amongst salvia collectors.