Friday - May 11, 2012

From: Beaumont, TX
Topic: Seed and Plant Sources, Grasses or Grass-like
Title: Looking for source of Carex texensis in Beaumont, TX

QUESTION:

Looking for Carex texensis, the only place I find it is in Tennessee or North Carolina. Should I buy it online from those places to put in Beaumont, TX?

ANSWER:

I tried to locate our plant Carex texensis (Texas sedge) by searching our National Suppliers Directory, but was unsuccessful. I did find plantdelights.com, in North Carolina, but was hoping for something closer. I got excited when I ran across San Marcos Growers (thinking they were in Texas), however I soon learned they were a wholesale nursery in California. Looking at their home page though did reveal  that they had a retail nursery locator which shows they ship to three nurseries in Austin, TX, and two in Houston,TX. Calling these establishments may get you a plant that’s closer to home.

Texas sedge
Carex texensis