Suppport the plant database you love!

Thursday - November 03, 2011

From: Picayune, MS
Topic: Invasive Plants, Plant Identification
Title: Identification of plant with light orange fruit

QUESTION:

Trying to identify a small, light orange, oval shaped fruit,light yellow/beige inside, many seeds, vine w/briars, behind an outbuilding in McNeill, MS. tks

ANSWER:

This could possibly be Poncirus trifoliata (Trifoliate orange).  It is a native of eastern Asia and considered invasive in many parts of the US.  It isn't a vine, however, but a shrub or small tree.  Here are more photos and information.

If this is not your plant and you have photos, please visit our Plant Identification page where you will find links to several plant identification forums that accept photos for identification.