Sunday - October 31, 2010

From: Saco, ME
Topic: Septic Systems, Wildflowers
Title: Wildflowers for leach field in Maine

QUESTION:

I am looking for a wildflower mix that would suitable to plant over a leach field. What plants should I look to avoid?

ANSWER:

Well, there is no point re-inventing the wheel.

One of our Associates in Ontario, Wildflower Farm ,has developed a wildflower seed mix especially for that purpose.  Their mix of 18 different perennial wilflowers and grasses are all North American native plants and will thrive in your environment.  They provide images and information about all the plants in the mix, but if you want more, you can "copy and paste" the plant names into our Native Plant Database.

They have a warehouse in Buffalo, NY and will ship anywhere in the US.