Monday - October 11, 2010

From: Adrian, MI
Topic: Pruning, Seasonal Tasks
Title: Winter pruning for yucca in Adrian, Michigan
Answered by: Marilyn Kircus

QUESTION:

Can I cut yucca plants down for winter months.

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants coverd this question in a  Previous Question, and it is even in Michigan.

Adam's needle
Yucca filamentosa

More Seasonal Tasks Questions

Transplanting Trees in OH
May 10, 2012 - Is the middle of May too late to dig out Arborviteas and spruces to transplant? I live in central Ohio.

Freeze damage to esperanza in pot from Brady TX
December 10, 2009 - My esperanza, currently in a container, has suffered some freeze damage. I have prepared a planting spot for it and am not sure whether to plant now, trim it back if I do plant it, etc. I would appr...

Planting Muhlenbergia capillaris (Gulf muhly)
October 27, 2011 - Is it too late to plant Gulf Muhly seed in North Texas (October)?

Can Juncus effusus winter outside in Mountville PA?
June 28, 2010 - If we have the juncus effusus spiralis outside in a small pond and you say to let it outside in the winter does that mean we should let it in the pond? thanks for your time

Cutting Juncus effusus back from Bellevue WA
November 18, 2010 - I read your posts about Juncus effusus and just have one follow-up question. When is the best time to cut them back to the ground - before winter or early spring? I live in the Pacific NW. I recent...