Saturday - August 28, 2010

From: Delta, PA
Title: Plant identification

QUESTION:

I have a very distinctive vine accompanying morning glory in invading my beds - it is Prickly! (on the vine, underside of leaves, leaf stems). The leaf is not arrowhead, but a triangle; I've not seen flowers so far. I cannot find a picture of it anywhere, altho' I think it might be in the bindweed family. Thanks!

ANSWER:

Please send us photos and we will do our very best to identify your vine.  Below are the instructions for submitting photos, or you can read them on Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page.

1.  Tell us where and when you found the plant and describe the site where it occurred.
2.  If possible, take several high-resolution images including details of leaves, stems, flowers, fruit, and the overall plant.
3.  Save images in JPEG format. Do not reduce the resolution of your images. High-resolution images are much easier for us to work with.
4.  Send email with images attached to [email protected] Please enter Plant ID Request on the subject line of your email.

Please be sure that your photos are in good focus.