Sunday - November 09, 2008

From: Alliance, NE
Title: Plant identification, Russian olive or buffaloberry

QUESTION:

Thank you for the info I found here regarding the silver buffaloberry and the russian olive. I need help in identifying which small shrub I have(it is one or the other)that was transplanted here on our farm(had to be from bird droppings. My husband says he will remove if it's olive because of invasive list and obvious thorns. I'd like to keep it if it is a buffaloberry.

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants will be very happy to try to identify your shrub if you will send us some photos. 

Plant Identification

Need help with a plant ID? Send us an email following the instructions below.

1. Tell us where and when you found the plant and describe the site where it occurred.

2. Take several high resolution images including details of leaves, stems, flowers, fruit, and the overall plant.

3. Save images in JPEG format.

4. Send email with images attached to [email protected]. Please enter Plant ID Request on the subject line of your email.