Tuesday - May 20, 2008

From: Auburn, WA
Title: Information on Lansium domesticum

QUESTION:

Where can I purchase a Lansium domesticum plant ? Will it grow here in Auburn, Wa?

ANSWER:

Our focus and expertise at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center are with plants native to North America. Since Lansium domesticum (langsat or Longkong) is a native of tropical southern Asia, we are not going to be of much help to you except to say that, since it is a tropical plant, it is doubtful it would grow in Washington state. I suggest that you "Google" the scientific name and/or its common names to find out its availability and, perhaps, its specific growing requirements.