Wednesday - April 13, 2016

From: San Antonio, TX
Topic: Seed and Plant Sources, Propagation, Shrubs, Trees
Title: Sophora seeds to give away

QUESTION:

When we moved to TX years ago we bought a mountain laurel so we could have the beautiful purple flowers and were disappointed when the flowers every year were white (with a few purple ones here and there). Then come to find out this is fairly rare :). I was wondering if there were people interested in getting seeds from the tree in hopes of growing more? I'd be willing to donate any to people wanting to grow this type.

ANSWER:

One group of people that I am aware of that regularly exchange plants and seeds are members of local chapters of the Native Plant Society of Texas (NPSOT). I suggest that you contact the San Antonio Chapter,  and see what kind of interest you might stimulate.

Texas mountain laurel
Sophora secundiflora

Texas mountain laurel
Sophora secundiflora

Texas mountain laurel
Sophora secundiflora