Tuesday - March 22, 2016

From: Los Angeles , CA
Topic: Plant Identification, Trees
Title: Tree with blue berries in Los Angeles, CA

QUESTION:

There's a tree outside my house with somewhat thin and short spiky leaves with blue berries. The berries Some of the berries have a frost look and some are dark blue.

ANSWER:

You didn’t specifically say so, but Mr. Smarty Plants is assuming that you wanted to ask about the identity of your tree. It is difficult to identify a plant from a written description, even it it is a good one. Are there other trees in your area that look like the one you described? If so, you probably have a neighbor who knows the name of the tree.

My suggestion is to contact the folks at the Los Angeles County office of UC Cooperative Extension and ask for help identifying your tree.

Another source of help may be the Los Angeles Garden Club.