Tuesday - July 14, 2015

From: Casa Grande, AZ
Topic: Non-Natives, Trees
Title: Can the non-native ylang ylang tree grow outdoors in Arizona

QUESTION:

Can the ylang ylang tree grow outdoors in Casa Grande, Arizona?

ANSWER:

The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is dedicated to the study and conservation of plants native to North America.  Cananga odorata (Ylang Ylang tree) is native to the Phillippines so we are not really the organization you should be asking this question.

To find the answer to your question I suggest you search the internet using the following terms:

"ylang ylang tree care" or "Cananga odorata care"

Here are a few sites with some information about care and growing conditions:

Top Tropicals

Easy Bloom

Gardino Nursery

Winter temperatures will be a determining factor as to whether you can grow the ylang ylang tree outdoors in Arizona.  You can check the USDA Hardiness Zone you live in on their map.