Suppport the plant database you love!

Thursday - June 11, 2015

Topic: Deer Resistant, Herbs/Forbs
Title: Is Evolvulus nuttallianus native to Central Texas and Deer Resistant?

QUESTION:

The website doesn't have much information about blue daze (Evolvulus nuttallianus. Is this plant native to Central Texas? Is it deer-resistant?

ANSWER:

Evolvulus nuttallianus is the Shaggy dwarf morning glory. It is listed in the USDA Plant Finder website as being native to the Travis County and the Central Texas area. Scroll in and you can see exactly which counties in Central Texas list it as native.

It is also listed online as being deer-resistant on the www.teoaweb.com website.

Shaggy dwarf morning-glory
Evolvulus nuttallianus

Shaggy dwarf morning-glory
Evolvulus nuttallianus

Shaggy dwarf morning-glory
Evolvulus nuttallianus

Shaggy dwarf morning-glory
Evolvulus nuttallianus