Thursday - June 18, 2015

From: omaha, NE
Region: Select Region
Topic: Non-Natives, Diseases and Disorders
Title: Various landscape problems in Omaha, NE.

QUESTION:

Thank you for your time, sorry i cant sort this out because my issue seems to fit many but also none of the issues I've read about. Some patches of grass in my lawn have yellow spots and dying and/or look as if completely "bleached out" as far as color and almost dried out but not crunchy just kinda limp dry I guess. peony leaves have yellow spots some turned black and die. leaves on sprouts in flower beds turning purple and black or have a leaf or 2 completely yellow. some sprouts and clovers are coming up completely red? please let me know what other info if any I can provide to help you help me. Pics can be provided no problem. Thank you again for your time.

ANSWER:

Since proper diagnosis of plant diseases and disorders almost always requires direct examination of the affected plants, we will not be able to do that for you with any kind of confidence.  We recommend that you contact your county's Cooperative Extension Service office for diagnosis or guidance.