Wednesday - June 03, 2015

From: Leander, TX
Topic: Diseases and Disorders, Trees
Title: Need help for my Texas Persimmon in Leander, TX.

QUESTION:

Help!! My Texas Persimmon is distressed with either bugs or infection. I'm not sure what to do. I wanted to insert a picture here, but wasn't able to. If there's a way for me to submit a picture, I'd surely like to.

ANSWER:

Well, Mr. Smarty Plants suggests that you determine determine what is attacking your Texas Persimmon Diospyros texana (Texas persimmon). Is there any evidence of bugs on the plant? We no longer have the capability of analyzing photos to solve plant problems, but if you go to our Plant Identification Page, there are several sites that you can send photos to, and perhaps they can diagnose the problem. Another course of action is to contact the folks at the Williamson County office of Texas AgriLife Extension to have someone take a look at your tree.

Texas persimmon
Diospyros texana

Texas persimmon
Diospyros texana