Thursday - March 05, 2015

From: Marshall, VA
Title: Identiication of a flower in Valentine's Day Bouquet

QUESTION:

I bought a Valentine's Day bouquet for my wife and one of the flowers just won't quit (with some TLC, the lillies lasted 10 days). May I send a photo of the flower in question? I'd love to grow it.

ANSWER:

The flower in your Valentine's Day bouquet is VERY unlikely to be a native North American flower.   Since our focus and expertise are plants native to North America, you would be better served asking a source that deals with commerically grown flowers.  If you visit our Plant Identification page you will find links to several plant identification forums that do accept photos of plants to identify and they are not restricted to native North American plants.