Wednesday - December 31, 2014

From: Rock Hill, SC
Topic: Groundcovers, Herbs/Forbs
Title: Plants to grow between concrete pavers on the patio in Rock Hill, SC..

QUESTION:

I have a patio of concrete pavers, about 2 feet by 2 feet each. It gets very little sun. No morning sun at all. The zoysia grass we have between the pavers now does not grow well at all. Do you have a suggestion? We are thinking of taking the whole floor up. The concrete pavers stain too. We have to power wash them often. Looks yucky!

ANSWER:

Well, its New Years Eve here at the Wildflower Center, and Mr. Smarty Plants is running a little behind, so he is going to provide links to a couple of previous answers to questions that were similar to yours.

The first one came to us from Georgetown, TX.

The next comes from Sugarland , TX This answer gives instructions for using our Native Plants Database which should prove helpful in producing a list of plants to use. You may also want to check out the link for mosses.