Suppport the plant database you love!

Thursday - October 30, 2014

From: Cleburne, TX
Topic: Propagation, Seeds and Seeding, Grasses or Grass-like
Title: Need plants for a ecoregion prairie project in Cleburne, TX

QUESTION:

I have a ecoregion prairie project in which students are to plant from pots a small area so visitors might see what the seeded area will become. We are struggling to find potted plants. HELP

ANSWER:

You may be familiar with our How to Article entitled “Recreating a Prairie”
It has a wealth of information about prairie restoration including site preparation, species to use, seeding and transplantation plus much more. It also mentions the projects that are going on to the north of you in Hunt and Collin Counties. Clicking on the county names will bring up a link to the respective County Agents.

Have you considered producing  your own potted plants in a green house?  Native American Seed Company  is a good source of seed and advice for this kind of work.

You could also consult our Supplier Directory to help find the plants you want.