Wednesday - October 08, 2014

From: La Quinta, CA
Title: Looking for source of wildflower seeds in Southern California

QUESTION:

I'm looking for a source of wildflower seed--a mix of annuals and perennials--for my desert location of La Quinta, CA

ANSWER:

Visit our Suppliers page and click on "List All Suppliers" in the blue box called SEARCH SUPPLIERS.  Once the  suppliers (1300+) list comes up you can then enter "La Quinta CA" in the Enter Search Location (City, State or Zip) and then hit the orange "GO" button.  This will give you four lists of companies near you that specialize in native plants and seeds.  The four lists are Nurseries, Seed Companies, Landscape Professionals and Environmental Consultants.  Here are two companies from the list that would have a selection of native perennials and annuals for your area.  Most of the companies have webpages and sell seeds to be shipped to you:

Theodore Payne Foundation in Sun Valley (Los Angeles County)

Moosa Creek Nursery in Valley Center (San Diego County)

You can search for more in our National Suppliers Directory.