Wednesday - September 17, 2014

From: Corona , CA
Title: Fast-growing shade tree for Corona CA

QUESTION:

Hi, I'm looking for a fast growing shade tree. I live in Corona CA so it will need to do well in a lot of sun, moderate winds and clay soil. Thanks so much for your suggestions.

ANSWER:

Here are three trees that meet your criteria:

Alnus rhombifolia (White alder)  Here is more information from Las Pilitas Nursery and CalPoly Urban Forest Ecosystems Institute.

Fraxinus velutina (Arizona ash)  Here is more information from CalPoly Urban Forest Ecosystems Institute and University of Arizona Pima County Cooperative Extension.

Platanus racemosa (California sycamore)  Here is more information from Las Pilitas Nursery and CalPoly Urban Forest Ecosystems Institute.

Arizona ash
Fraxinus velutina

California sycamore
Platanus racemosa

California sycamore
Platanus racemosa