Tuesday - July 22, 2014

From: Elgin, TX
Topic: Seeds and Seeding, Grasses or Grass-like
Title: Native grasses for organic farm in Elgin TX

QUESTION:

Hi there, I am working to restore native grasses on our certified organic farm in Elgin, TX. We raise eggs, grass fed beef, and grass fed lamb. I am having a terrible time finding organic pasture grasses such as little bluestem, switch grass, Indian grass, green sprangletop, etc. Can you help me find a source of native organic grass seeds? Thank you so much! We have pretty good pictures of our farm on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Coyote-Creek-Organic-Feed-Mill-and-Farm/119211684770073?ref=hl

ANSWER:

Native American Seed in Junction, Texas is an outstanding resource for native grass and wildflower seeds.  Be sure to read their What We're About page as well as visiting their Native Grasses page.  They are dedicated to native species and their motto is "...helping people restore the Earth!"