En Espa—ol

Wednesday - January 03, 2007

From: Liberty Hill, TX
Title: Texas Ash

QUESTION:

Where can I purchase a Texas Ash? One native tree nursery advertised Texas Ash but the trees turned out to be Fan-Tex, which I believe is an Arizona Ash cultivar.

ANSWER:

You can find nurseries specializing in native plants in your area by searching our National Suppliers Directory. In a quick search I found two nurseries in your general area that offer Texas Ash (Fraxinus texensis) for sale. Nearest you is Hill Country Natives in Leander. Natives of Texas in Kerrville also shows it for sale. There are other nurseries with web sites to try. Also, some of the entries in the National Suppliers Directory do not list web pages, but you could contact them by telephone to see if they offer the Texas Ash.