Sunday - June 09, 2013

From: Dallas, TX
Topic: Watering
Title: Greywater effect on plants from Dallas

QUESTION:

How does gray water affect plants?

ANSWER:

We have two previous Mr. Smarty Plants questions that address this question:

From Austin, TX

From Nagpur, India

More Watering Questions

Water use rate calculations from Toronto ON
December 16, 2012 - Can the high medium and low water use categories be quantified into a rate, say volume of water required by square foot of planted area? How are the water use categories established?

Recycling bath water from Austin
July 03, 2012 - Is using bath water going to hurt my plants or grass? If I use water from the bath on vegetables and fruits will the soap be absorbed by the fruit and/or vegetables thereby transferring to us when we ...

Problems with Habiturf in Austin
May 10, 2014 - I have been trying to establish a Habiturf lawn in my back yard. It is approximately a 1,000 square foot area and this last seeding was the third over about one and a half years. I just recently over ...

Mulching tree root in San Angelo, TX
April 02, 2014 - San Angelo, Texas is in a drought stage. Will it help our trees to mulch the base of them?

Self-watering planters
August 12, 2008 - I'm a big proponent of the EarthBox (tm) phenomenon - that is, so-called "self-watering" or sub-irrigation planters where a separate but connected reservoir underneath the soil in the planter is fi...