Thursday - August 09, 2012

From: Wickenburg, AZ
Title: Plant identification

QUESTION:

I have a plant which has fern like leaves on the top and round broad leaves near the ground. What is it?

ANSWER:

Sorry, but your brief description doesn't bring any native Arizona plant to mind.  A little more information would have been useful.  For instance, what is its size and is its origin (did you buy it or did it suddenly come up in a flower bed), is it woody or herbaceous, etc.  Your best bet for identifying it is to take a photo or two and then visit our Plant Identification page to find links to several plant identification forums that will accept photos of plants for identification.