Sunday - July 22, 2012

From: Edinburg, TX
Topic: Propagation, Seeds and Seeding, Herbs/Forbs
Title: Need tips for planting wildflower seeds in pots in Edinburg, TX.

Can you give me some tips for starting wildflower seeds in pots or trays, rather than outdoors? Is this even possible? Most instructions I have found are for seeding large areas. I want to get some plants started before I put them into my garden, but I am confused about the best time of year and "stratification" procedures.

Of course its possible. Have you ever wondered where all of those potted plants that you see at the nurseries come from?

I have three sources of information that should help you get started.

"Propagating Plants from Seed" from  Washington State University
  the answer from a previous question about moist stratification

"Plant Propagation from Seed" from Virginia Cooperative Extension