Mr. Smarty Plants - What purple mushrooms grow in Texas from McKinney TX

Saturday - July 14, 2012

From: McKinney, TX
Topic: Non-Natives, Poisonous Plants
Title: What purple mushrooms grow in Texas from McKinney TX

QUESTION:

What purple mushrooms grow in North Texas?

ANSWER:

Afraid you came to the wrong place to ask that one. The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is committed to the growth, protection and propagation of vascular plants native not only to North America but to the area in which they are grown. From the Royal Botanic Garden here is an article on Non-vascular plants and fungi. If you search the Internet on "purple mushroom," you will find some pictures and some articles about them, most of them warning about eating them.