Tuesday - June 19, 2012

From: Evergreen, CO
Title: Wildflower season in the San Juan Mountains in Colorado region

QUESTION:

Hello, I plan on going to the San Juan, Co. area next month (mid-July) around Ouray to see the wildflowers. As you may know it has been very dry in Colorado. What do you expect the wildflower season to be like in the San Juans this year? Thank you.

ANSWER:

Since none of our Mr. Smarty Plants are "on the ground" in Colorado at the moment, it would be to your advantage to contact someone who is.   I suggest you contact someone with the Colorado Native Plant Society.  They should be able to give you an idea about the expectations for the wildflower season there.