Saturday - March 10, 2012

Title: Micro clover for groundcover

QUESTION:

Hi there! I am interested in overseeding my lawn with a micro clover mix.. however, I cannot find any information on the web about how it might act here in Central Texas. Do you have any experience with micro clover in Texas? Ideas? Suggestions?

ANSWER:

Our focus and expertise here at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildlflower Center are with plants native to North America.  Microclover is a variety of Trifolium repens (white clover) and is native to Europe, Africa and Asia.  We don't recommend planting non-native plants and we don't have any information on their care.