Monday - June 19, 2006

From: San Antonio, TX
Topic: Medicinal Plants, Herbs/Forbs
Title: Pictures and information on Scutellaris laterifolia, Blue Skullcap

I am trying to find information on Scutellaria laterifolia (skullcap), of the plant family "labiatea". Do you have any info or pictures? Thanks.

You can see pictures and some information in our Native Plants Database for Blue skullcap, Scutellaria laterifolia. Its currently accepted family name is Family Lamiaceae (Mint Family). USDA Plants Database shows it occurring in all the continental U. S. and Alaska with the exception of Nevada, Utah, and Wyoming. You can also find more pictures and information in the Missouri Plants database. Traditionally, it has been used as an herbal medicine to treat various nervous conditions,