Saturday - October 29, 2011

From: San Francisco, CA
Topic: Non-Natives, Shrubs
Title: Root growth on non-native Pittisporum Tobira from San Francisco

How do the roots grow and spread for the Pittosporum Tobira shrub? I have one that is about 20 feet tall and wonder how to care for it? Do you have a picture of how the roots grow?

The Pittosporum 'Tobira' is native to southern Japan, China and Korea and therefore does not appear in our Native Plant Database. Mr. Smarty Plants does not recommend any plants not native to North America or to the areas in which those plants grow naturally. Since we cannot help you, you might read this Botany.com website on Pittosporum.