En EspaÑol

Saturday - September 24, 2011

From: Redfield, AR
Topic: Seed and Plant Sources, Seeds and Seeding
Title: Source for Abutilon fruticosum (Indian mallow) seeds

QUESTION:

Do you know anyone who has Abutilon Fruticosum (Indian Mallow) seeds for sale? I would love to grow the Indian Mallow, but can't locate a source. Thanks!

ANSWER:

Visit our National Suppliers Directory where you can search for seed companies in your area that might carry Abutilon fruticosum (Indian mallow).  You can check the USDA Plants Database to see the distribution of Indian mallow.  If you click on each of the three states you can find the distribution in the states. I did a a very brief preliminary search for seed companies with webpages in Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas that might have it, but did not find any that listed it.  The search in the National Suppliers Directory brings up many seed companies and I only checked a few.  If the companies don't have a webpage, they do list a telephone number that you can call.  I also checked the Native Seed Network but they didn't list the Indian mallow either.  If, you aren't able to locate a source after searching the suppliers in our National Suppliers Directory, I recommend contacting someone in the Native Plant Societies in the areas where it grows—Native Plant Society of Texas, Arkansas Native Plant Society and the Oklahoma Native Plant Society.   Someone in one of them may know of a source for seeds.

Indian mallow
Abutilon fruticosum