En EspaÑol

Sunday - July 03, 2011

From: Bluffton, SC
Topic: Non-Natives, Deer Resistant, Shrubs
Title: Is India Hawthorne a deer-resistant plant?

Is India Hawthorne a deer resistant plant in Beaufort County South Carolina?

Our focus and expertise at the Wildflower Center are with plants native to North America.  Raphiolepis indica (India Hawthorn) is an introduced plant native to China so we don't really have any information about it.  Looking on the internet, however, there are some who say it is NOT deer resistant  and some sites that say that it is.  You can read more about its deer resistance, or lack thereof, by searching on its common name or on its scientific name, "Raphiolepis indica". and "deer resistant"