Thursday - April 14, 2011

From: Winter Springs, FL
Title: Care of lemon cypress from Winter Springs FL

QUESTION:

Please send me information on care of lemon cypress plant. I have one in small container on my patio. Should I take it in the house? Send any helpful information on its care. Thank you.

ANSWER:

As very frequently happens, we have answered this question before, so we will take the easy road and quote that answer:

"The Lemon Cypress is a cultivar called Goldcrest, or Golden Crest, of Cupressus macrocarpa (Monterey cypress). You can read more about the tree from Floridata.com. Here are some intructions for outdoor care from ShootGardening and you can find care instructions for indoor Cupressus macrocarpa at indoor-plant-care.com and from the TopiaryShop."

Be sure and read all of our webpage on this plant by following the first link above. According to that information, it only grows natively in California, on the coast. We have no idea if it will even survive in your location in Florida.

Pictures of Lemon Cypress from Google