Mr. Smarty Plants - Resource for information on phytoremediation

Thursday - April 27, 2006

From: Hyde Park, VT
Title: Resource for information on phytoremediation
Answered by: Dean Garrett

QUESTION:

Hello, I've been searching for a resource that will tell me which contaminants certain plants are able to absorb (in terms of phytoremediation). Thanks so much - I do hope to hear from you soon.

ANSWER:

We've found one great resource for stormwater phytoremediation, a phytoremediation bibliography, and an academic journal devoted to phytoremediation.

Additional phytoremediation information has been gathered by the Missouri Botanical Garden and the USDA.