Wednesday - February 23, 2005

From: San Antonio, TX
Title: Source for Brasil tree, Condalia hookeri

QUESTION:

I have been searching for this tree everywhere, but cannot locate a dealer/retailer/nursey that sells this tree. Its name is Brasil tree (Condalia hookeri) and it is native to the southern US, especially Texas. I see them in various yards and lawns, but not for sale. Please help.

ANSWER:

On the Wildflower Center web page you can search for plant suppliers over the United States that specialize in native plants. On the side bar choose Explore Plants, then Suppliers Directory. On that page you can choose Nurseries or Seed Companies and then search by state or region. In Nurseries under Texas I found Rancho Lomitas Native Plant Nursery in Rio Grande City that listed Brasil tree (Condalia hookeri) in their inventory for sale. You might also try other nurseries in the South Texas area for availability.

Bluewood condalia
Condalia hookeri