Thursday - April 07, 2011

From: Stilwell, OK
Topic: Diseases and Disorders
Title: Knots on redbuds in Stillwell, OK

My redbud has knots all over the limbs. Its been this way for a few years now. I can not find a way to take care of this problem. I don't even know what is causing this. Can you help me?

About the only indication of what this might be is an article we found from TreeHelp.com. Note the section on Scale Insects, which apparently do cause knots. We don't know if this is the size knot you are experiencing or even what it looks like. Since we are neither entomologists nor plant pathologists, we suggest you contact the Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service for Adair Co. They are closer to the situation than we are, and may be able to tell you right off what is causing those knots, and whether they are anything to worry about.