En EspaÑol

Thursday - March 10, 2011

From: Boynton Beach , FL
Title: Source of seeds for non-native euphorbia peplus from Boynton Beach FL

QUESTION:

Where can I buy Euphorbia peplus? (milkweed) seeds, sap used in treating skin cancer?

ANSWER:

Euphorbia peplus, Petty Spurge, is native to Africa, Asia and Europe and therefore out of our area of expertise. The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is dedicated to the growth, protection and propagation of plants native not only to North America but to the area in which those plants are being grown. This USDA Plant Profile map shows that it grows wild (introduced) in many areas of the United States, but not including Florida. We searched the Internet on "seeds for euphorbia peplus" and got a number of listings; you might try that. We have a National Suppliers Directory, but they sell predominantly native plants and seeds.