Mr. Smarty Plants - Source for blue phlox in Whitehouse TX

Sunday - July 12, 2009

From: Whitehouse, TX
Title: Source for blue phlox in Whitehouse TX

QUESTION:

Where can I purchase blue phlox ground cover? I live ten minutes from Tyler,Tx

ANSWER:

The only phlox native to East Texas that is a size to qualify as a ground cover is Phlox divaricata (wild blue phlox). It grows 8 to 18" tall, is evergreen and blooms red, pink and purple March to May. Go to our Suppliers section, put your town and state in the "Enter Search Location" and you will get a list of native plant nurseries, seed suppliers and landscape and environmental consultants in your general area. All have contact information so you can find out where the plant you want is available without making a trip. 

Phlox divaricata

Phlox divaricata

Phlox divaricata