Mr. Smarty Plants - Plant identification

Monday - May 03, 2010

From: Newton, MS
Title: Plant identification

QUESTION:

I need to identify a weed-like plant ~1 ft high with thick stems, wide leaves ending in a single point and bluish-purple tear shaped petals arranged three in a triangle.

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants loves identifying plants but it is rarely possible to do so from description alone.  If you will send us several photos of the plant—close ups of the leaves, stem, and flower, as well as an overall photo of the plant, we will do our best to identify it. Please visit the Plant Identification page to read the instructions for submitting photos.