Mr. Smarty Plants - Dfferences between Argemone arizonica and other Argemones

Thursday - October 27, 2005

From: Grand Canyon, AZ
Region: Other
Title: Dfferences between Argemone arizonica and other Argemones

QUESTION:

I am trying to find information about the differences between the Argemone arizonica which grows only in the Grand Canyon and the other Argemones which grow in the rest of the U.S. Do you have any insight?

ANSWER:

You can find a key to the Genus Argemone in the Family Papaveraceae online in eFloras that gives you the identifying characteristics for 23 species, including Argemone arizonica, in North America.