Friday - November 13, 2009

From: Shreveport, LA
Title: What is the weed of Cortez from Shreveport, LA

I am trying to locate the weed of Cortez. I live in northern Louisiana. Can you please let me know if you have ever heard of this? I was told that is a very rare large red flower that blooms in the spring. Also, can you let me know if there is another name for the weed or flower? Thank you for your time.

Apparently, this was a treasure hunt question, from a radio station in northern Louisiana, because the only reference we could find to it were other questions, directed to Yahoo.com. Those two questions came in to Yahoo on Nov. 11 and 12, and now, on Nov. 13, no one else seems to know, either, including us. Often, by Googling on a plant's common name, we can get a clue to what the plant is, but not in this situation. Sorry.