En EspaÑol

Tuesday - October 20, 2009

From: Lufkin, TX
Title: Plant Identification

QUESTION:

I have encountered a plant (two growing side by side) in our wooded back yard. It came up on its own, is about two feet tall, has leaves resembling that of an Angel's trumpet, about 4-5" long, jagged edges. It has small yellowish-white blooms and now has "fruit" in the shape of a Chinese lantern, which is green with reddish ribs. I would like to know what this plant is and its properties, i.e., is it poisonous? I will try and get a picture tomorrow to send along. Thank you.

ANSWER:

Please send us photos and we will do our best to identify your plant.  Visit Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page to read instructions for submitting photos.