Thursday - August 27, 2009

From: Miami, FL
Topic: Planting, Transplants, Trees
Title: Removing leaves before transplanting from Miami

What is good idea to remove some leaves before transplanting a plant??

You didn't say what you were transplanting, but we will assume it is probably a woody plant, a tree or shrub. We found a website, Hometime.com that had an article on Trees and Shrubs that specifically deals with advance preparations for making transplants successful. In Florida, you should definitely wait until it has cooled off before you start the transplant process, and this article mentions several things you can do in advance to make it easier and give your plant a better chance of surviving.