From: savannah, GA
Title: Plant identification in Georgia.

QUESTION:

Help I bought a bush at the flea market and I was told it would have white star flowers and it was a hydrangea. The leaves look like cannabis but not furry. The leaves grow from stalks Help what did I buy.

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants loves doing plant identifications; however, doing them from a description alone is difficult, if not impossible, no matter how thorough the description.  Please send us photos and we will do our very best to identify your plant.  Visit the Ask Mr. Smarty Plants  Plant Identification page to read instructions for submitting photos for identification.

If you Google Hydrangea and Cannabis, and look at images, you 'll see that their leaves are not similar at all. I think this is a good example of "buyer beware".  We should also mention that we are experts on North American native plant species.  If your mystery plant hails from some other part of the world, it is very likely that we will not be able to identify it.  However, we may be able to point you in the direction of someone who can.

For a source of information closer to home, try the Georgia Native Plant Society.