From: Descanso, CA
Title: Source for seeds of any species in the genus Choisya

QUESTION:

Please let me know of any commercial or other sources for seed of any species in the genus Choisya. Only a small quantity would be needed. This seed is for research purposes and is urgently needed. Many thanks for your assistance.

ANSWER:

Choisya dumosa (Mexican orange) is native to western Texas, New Mexico and Arizona and is the only species of Choisya found in the USDA Plants Database.  You can check our National Suppliers Directory for nurseries and seed companies that might carry either the seeds or plants in those states .  Also, I would suggest contacting Native Plant Societies in these states (e.g., Big Bend Chapter of the Native Plant Society of Texas, Native Plant Society of New Mexico, and the Arizona Native Plant Society) to see if they might know of someone who has collected or could collect seeds of the Mexican orange for you.