Sunday - October 26, 2008

From: Mountaintop, PA
Title: Identification of tree with fuschia berries in Pennsylvania

QUESTION:

Northeastern Pennsylvania tree with fuschia berries in autumn. Found one in woods,never saw one before.

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants loves to identify plants, but needs a little more information. We hope you have some pictures of your mystery plant, and will follow these instructions so we can help you figure out what the plant is.

Need help with a plant ID? Send us an email following the instructions below.

1. Tell us where and when you found the plant and describe the site where it occurred.

2. Take several high resolution images including details of leaves, stems, flowers, fruit, and the overall plant.

3. Save images in JPEG format.

4. Send email with images attached to id@smartyplants.org. Please enter Plant ID Request on the subject line of your email.