En EspaÑol

Tuesday - August 26, 2008

From: Agua Dulce, CA
Title: Sickly non-native plumerias in California

QUESTION:

I have 5 plumeria plants in pots, between 2-3 years old. The beginning of the summer they all looked great and now were looking pretty sick, pale/yellowing leaves, burned areas & spots. I have a long distance friend with some plumeria knowledge and she said to add a small handful of epson salt to the watering. Yet, no difference. None of them have bloomed yet either. I want to replant them with a cactus soil, do I need to wait till spring? I do fertilize every other week. Thanks for any and all info on my lil'babies, Robin

ANSWER:

Since plumerias are non-native to North America, they are out of our area of expertise. However, in this previous answer on care of plumerias, several excellent websites are given which hopefully will give you the information you need to solve the problems involving your plants. One of the sites is no longer active, but if you follow the various links in the Plumeria Society of America webpage, you should be able to get all the answers you need.