Tuesday - May 20, 2008

From: Auburn, WA
Title: Information on Lansium domesticum

Where can I purchase a Lansium domesticum plant ? Will it grow here in Auburn, Wa?

Our focus and expertise at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center are with plants native to North America. Since Lansium domesticum (langsat or Longkong) is a native of tropical southern Asia, we are not going to be of much help to you except to say that, since it is a tropical plant, it is doubtful it would grow in Washington state. I suggest that you "Google" the scientific name and/or its common names to find out its availability and, perhaps, its specific growing requirements.