Thursday - May 01, 2008

From: Annapolis, MD
Title: Source for Penstemon calycocus

QUESTION:

Do you know where I can obtain Penstemon calycocus? I live in Annapolis. I am willing to look at mail order sources.

ANSWER:

Penstemon calycosus (longsepal beardtongue) is a native of North America, mostly of the East Coast, which includes Maryland, so you should be able to grow it there with no problem. We are going to give you a link to our Native Plant Suppliers in your area which should help you find what you're looking for. Most of the commercial websites we looked at seemed to be featuring only seed for this plant, but Sunlight Gardens does have it listed in pots, and has online ordering. Here is a list of the Native Plant Suppliers in the Annapolis area. They have websites and/or phone numbers so you can contact them directly and find out if they have what you need.

Penstemon calycosus

Penstemon calycosus

Penstemon calycosus

Penstemon calycosus