Wednesday - April 09, 2008

From: Balch Springs, TX
Title: Seed companies selling winecups (Callirhoe sp.)

QUESTION:

can you recommend some wild flower seed companies where I can purchase seeds of the winecups that I see growing all along the roadsides? I tried one wild flower seed company but did not have good luck with growing true magenta colored winecups. I have a xeriscape flower garden and it would look lovely with winecups.

ANSWER:

You can search our National Suppliers Directory for native seed companies in Texas. From that list we recommend that you contact Native American Seed in Junction. They are one of our Supplier Associates that offers discounts to members of Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. They have both Callirhoe involucrata (purple poppymallow) and Callirhoe leiocarpa (tall poppymallow) for sale.

Callirhoe involucrata

Callirhoe leiocarpa