Mr. Smarty Plants - General Wildflower Reference

Friday - March 07, 2008

From: blue springs, MO
Title: General Wildflower Reference

QUESTION:

Can you recommend a good general reference book on wildflowers that is not limited by being either regional or a field guide? (I already have Wildflowers Across America.) I am looking for a work which answers the big "why" questions about wildflowers--even internationally. Does such a book exist, in or out of print?

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants likes The Secrets of Wildflowers: A delightful feast of Little-known Facts, Folklore and History. It is a wonderful read of general interest to wildflower enthusiasts whereever they might live.